ClearView Community Church is seeking to fill a Worship Pastor position. You can read the job description below. If you are interested or have questions, please contact Kim Reese at email@example.com or call the church office at 719.395.3120. We look forward to hearing from you.
Title: Worship Pastor
Responsible to: Lead Pastor and Elder team
Supervises: Volunteer musicians, Technology team
Position Purpose: Applying musicianship, creativity, and shepherding, the Worship Pastor provides pastoral leadership to all worship ministries of ClearView Community Church, recognizing worship as an opportunity to lead the body in authentic, Christ-centered worship and engagement with God. ClearView believes that music is one of the powerful ways we express worship to God and pronounce our faith in Him. Our goal is for the people of God, in all their diversity, to join together to glorify God through the offering up of corporate praise. The heart of the worship teams is to artfully weave together varying musical styles and other elements into a seamless tapestry that honors the Lord without alienating any particular person or group.
Qualifications: ClearView leadership has an express desire for all staff to exhibit the “Seven C’s” in carrying out one’s daily life personally and professionally.
1 – Character: Staff leaders are devoted lovers of Jesus, seeking to be conformed to His image, understanding, above all else, they are loved, chosen, and empowered by God. Out of that core identity, they are committed to prayer, worship, the study of Scripture, and living and working with spiritual integrity. They are willing to let others hold them accountable and speak into their personal life for growth in the journey toward maturity. They are aware of and honest about their strengths and weaknesses, feeling safe to be authentic in their “createdness” without pretense, and discuss failure and success with other team members. A commitment to growing in self-awareness and understanding as one grows to know God is critical. A leader continually seeks stability in the faith, obedience to the Word, and reliance on the Holy Spirit.
2 – Competence: The Holy Spirit has given gifts and abilities, combined with skills acquired through training and life experience. Staff leaders possess gifts of team building, teaching, delegation, empathy, listening, and conflict resolution.
3- Chemistry: Staff leaders are willing and able to fit within the existing team, enrich the circle of community, and exhibit relational harmony within the staff and volunteer teams. As a growing church body, the wearing of many hats and sharing the load of ministry is vital to its function. Embracing ClearView’s culture means being part of its family, having an open, joyful, servant heart toward the ministry, avoiding building ministry “silos”, gossip, and taking oneself too seriously.
4 – Courage: It may become necessary to enter into difficult exchanges and defend the faith, the church, and individuals in ways that preserve and maintain the community of faith. The ClearView staff highly values the ability to speak the Truth in love without destructive results and a willingness to work through misunderstandings to find resolution.
5 – Calling: Staff leaders have an ability to discern and articulate God’s calling to serve in the body. It is important to develop an understanding of the vision, values, and beliefs of ClearView Community Church, articulate why one believes s/he was called to this particular body, and express a desire to work toward and help maintain the unique vision and values of its congregation.
6 – Couple: Though this ministry will employ one person, if that person is married, there is a unity of desire and commitment as a couple to stand together to edify the church. This includes living out Biblical values, and a commitment to involvement in authentic community within the body. A mutual sense of God’s calling to full time ministry, a commitment to prioritize marriage and family, and an ability together to identify and embrace the benefits and challenges in ministry are vital to success in ministry.
7 – Community: One of the primary callings of ClearView Community Church is to glorify God by serving the local community of Buena Vista. We desire to love the town well and see it flourish, as it is an extension of God’s Kingdom. A high value is placed on ClearView staff being a part of the town to which one is called.
Description: The Worship Pastor . . .
- works in close collaboration with and full support of the Lead Pastor to develop a vision and plan for the implementation of worship in different settings, including but not limited to, Sunday morning services, memorial services and funerals, special functions and programs with a worship component
- oversees order of worship, song selection, sound/media, video streaming, recording and lighting preparation, coordination of instrumentalists and vocalists
- manages media distribution of sermons and special services
- directs all weekly rehearsals, activities, and communications necessary to facilitate each worship experience
- oversees Worship Department budget, organization, and volunteers
- assists families as needed in the choosing and provision of music for special services
- is a visionary who is creative in the responsibility of leading people into the presence of God in worship, understanding the high privilege of such leadership
- is a leader who is able to communicate the vision and direction of the worship experience with humility
- inspires the body to join in the pursuit of that vision
- recognizes the barriers that exist to sharing that experience
- will develop a worship team that expresses worship literature with excellence and passion
- shepherds that team as they serve in the worship facets of ministry
- works alongside Children and Youth Directors to develop meaningful worship environments, mentor young musicians, and bring a congruent value of worship for all ages and help develop worship teams for LINK and Varsity
- seeks opportunities for enhancing and supporting other ClearView ministries with the worship arts
- is committed to becoming intimately involved in the life and ministries of ClearView and its outreach to the community at large
Required Knowledge and Skills: The Worship Pastor . . .
- is able to help people see and experience Christ in all aspects of worship
- has excellent knowledge of the Bible and is able to proclaim the gospel
- is able to form the worship team into a community that exemplifies and models Christ-centered living
- has an ability to initiate and develop relationships across multiple generations and backgrounds
- has a wide knowledge of musical expression and literature and an ability to incorporate it appropriately in the planned worship service
- is able to create worship as a whole experience including understanding the roles of worship arts, music, the spoken Word, environment, and technical support
- has experience leading worship as a lead instrumentalist/vocalist
- has proficiency in a lead instrument such as acoustic guitar or keyboard
- has a knowledge of how to incorporate multiple instruments into the worship experience
- regularly attends all staff meetings and other assigned events
- works collaboratively with other staff to support staff values
- works alongside other pastors and staff in caring for and shepherding families of ClearView
- represents Christ and ClearView with grace and hospitality
- engages in opportunities for professional growth
We desire to fill this position with a person who expresses an enthusiasm and energy in leading worship, has an ability to connect with people, has a genuine and sincere empathy for all people in all life situations, and a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit which allows for in-the-moment reaction and connection while leading worship.
This is a full time, salaried position.