Guest Speaker Jay Klopfenstein
August 30, 2020
Guest Speaker Jay Klopfenstein: The Answer
Read John 3:1-16, then discuss these 8 word pictures or metaphors:
1. NIGHT (v. 1-2). Discuss Nicodemus as most likely the top theologian in Israel but still was in spiritual darkness.
2. BIRTH (v. 3) Discuss how you can not see the kingdom of God unless you are born again
3. WATER & SPIRIT (v.4-5) Discuss these 2 words in light of
4. NATURE (v.6) Discuss how Nicodemus is still looking for the answers from a worldly perspective instead of a spiritual perspective
5. WIND (v. 7-8) Discuss how you can see changes in your life and other’s lives when they become spiritually awakened by accepting Christ.
6: KNOWLEDGE (v. 9-13) Discuss how we look for the ultimate answers in the wrong places: politics, medicine, economics, etc.
7. SNAKE (v. 14-15) Discuss this word picture in light of Numbers 21:7-8
8. THE ANSWER (v. 16). Discuss how the ultimate answer to life’s questions is Jesus Christ.
How has Christ changed your life?
How are you living for Him?
What are the things that only God could have done in your life?
Is your hope fixed on Jesus during these uncertain times?