Jay Klopfenstein: Guest Speaker
The Great Commission Prayer
October 27, 2019
JAY KLOPFENSTEIN: GUEST SPEAKER – OCTOBER 27, 2019
THE GREAT COMMISSION PRAYER
Jay Klopfenstein was our guest speaker for our Sunday Services on October 27th, 2019. He is a former pastor for 28 years and now serves with The Training Network (TNET). When not traveling for ministry around the world, he and his wife, Nancy, worship at ClearView on Sunday mornings. For further information on his ministry, please go to www.tnetwork.com
What stood out from the sermon to you or did you learn something new from it?
Read Isaiah 63:15-Isaiah 64:12 and discuss the following points from this prayer in Isaiah.
1. GREAT COMMISSION PRAYER LAMENTS OVER ONE’S DISTANCE FROM GOD (IS 63;15-16)
2. GREAT COMMISSION PRAYER LAMENTS OVER ONE’S HARDNESS OF HEART (IS 63:17-19)
3. GREAT COMMISSION PRAYER PLEADS FOR GOD TO COME DOWN (IS 64:1-5a)
4. GREAT COMMISSION PRAYER ACKNOWLEDGES PERSONAL AND COMMUNAL SIN (IS 64:5b-7)
5. GREAT COMMISSION PRAYER APPEALS TO GOD FOR FORGIVENESS LEADING TO INTIMACY (IS 8-9)
6. GREAT COMMISSION PRAYER BEGS GOD NOT TO HOLD BACK (IS 64:10-12)
Discuss this comment from Matthew Henry on this passage: “All our comforts and hopes spring from the loving-kindness of the Lord, and all our miseries and fears from our sins.”
Go back through this prayer in Isaiah, praying through it together as a group and applying it to our lives today.