November Service Project
We have an opportunity for you to help survivors of human trafficking in a tangible way!
Sometimes children are also rescued with their parent therefore these are the greatest needs right now.
“Hope Bags (formerly known as Restoration Bags) are filled with new items and given to Survivors by our partners in law enforcement at the point of rescue. Reclaiming Hope works with law enforcement across the nation to provide comfort bags for Survivors at the time of their recovery. These backpacks are age specific, designed for toddlers, children, teens and adults. We are dedicated to providing a high level of care for the Survivors that we serve. Our greatest prayer is that we provide as much love and comfort as possible.”
What can you do?
The lists below are what Restoring Hope is needing at this time. If you are able, please shop, maybe with a friend or two, for all the items to fill one backpack. You’re also welcome to bring any items on the list if you are unable to fill an entire backpack. Bring them to Clearview on Saturday, November 6 from 10-12 where we will fill the comfort bags.
One of the items on the list is a blanket and we will be making fleece blankets that day so no need to purchase them. Bring sharp sewing scissors if you’d like to make blankets.
We will also be making HOPE bracelets that BV HOPE will sell at the November 20th Christmas Fair at the High School. So bring your reading glasses! 🙂
Saturday, November 6
10am – 12pm
Clearview Community Church
items for Restoration Bags
We have been invited to drop these bags off at Reclaiming Hope and meet the extraordinary people who run this amazing ministry and tour the facilities. The date is yet to be determined but will likely be mid November. Their website is reclaiming-hope.org if you’d like to learn more about their mission and how you can help!
Shopping List for Toddler Boys & Girls Age 4
- Sweat pants
- Hoodie or sweatshirt
- 1 pair of pajamas (no footie pajamas)
- 2 pairs of underwear
- 1 small pack of Pull-Ups
- 2 pairs of socks
- Kids 3 in 1 Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash
(20 oz or less)
- Child’s toothpaste (small size)
- Child’s toothbrush
- Baby wipes (small refill pack is fine)
- 1-2 age appropriate small toy(s) (avoid toys with too many small pieces)
- Coloring book & crayons
- Small blanket (we will make these)
- Huggable size stuffed animal (about 12-14′ High)
- Please include one or more items pertaining to tv, movie or book characters that children will recognize. Superhero items are welcome if they’re non-threatening looking. We want to make their bags as fun and special as possible.
- Please use small child type hygiene items.
- Only the specifically listed items can be sent as only these items have been approved by law enforcement agencies.
- Per government regulations, we cannot send any religious items.
- No food
- Keep tags on all items, but please remove or mark out prices.
- We cannot send any used or damaged items.
- Backpack will be provided by Reclaiming Hope.
- $10 per bag for shipping would be appreciated!
- Thank you for selecting quality items that speak to a survivor’s worth! Keep in mind that most of them have very little, so we want to make this a special experience for them. Please donate items that you would be proud to give to a loved one.