Poured Out – Reconciliation – 03.20.22
Pastor Peter Andersen
March 20, 2022
Opening: Talk about anything that stood out to you from the message. It might also be helpful to re-read the passage, 2 Corinthians 5:16-21. If you can, read it through in a couple different translations.
- In your church background did you celebrate Lent? Was that a positive experience for you? Why or why not?
- In verse 16, we learned that we should not see the people around us from a “a worldly point of view.” Why is that important? Is there anyone in the church (or a group of people) that you need to start “seeing” differently?
- In verse 18 it says that all of this is “from God.” Why is it important to remember this? What difference does this make?
- In verse 18 we also saw how we have been given the “ministry of reconciliation.” How are you carrying out this ministry in your life? If you are not, what practical steps can you take to start?
- In verse 19 we are entrusted with the “message of reconciliation.” What is this message? Can you explain the gospel clearly in your own words? Give it a try.
- Verse 21, what does it mean for Christ to “be sin” for us? What does it mean for us to “become the righteousness of God?” How does this change our relationship with God?
Close by praying for each other.