Guest Speaker: Pete Kuiper
We apologize for the lack of video this week. Please listen to our audio version and enjoy the sermon!
Questions for Discussion:
- Discuss the statement, “You can’t have a humble heart toward God, and a hardened heart towards others.”
- Discuss the quote from Frederick Buechner, The trouble with steeling yourself against the harshness of reality is that the same steel that secures your life against being destroyed secures your life also against being opened up and transformed. (Frederick Buechner — The Sacred Journey)
- Have you more often been a water skier or a scuba diver? What keeps you from believing the inside you is worth exploring?
- Easter egg – What is the external self you most often live out of, ie, what gives you the most confidence that people will think well of you?
- How different are your functional beliefs from your formal beliefs? In other words how do your words and actions differ from what you say you believe?
- Which of the 4 heart conditions did you identify the most with?
- What have you used to control life that now controls you? (The “Black Hole” video)